Aaron Woods candidate for Clackamas Community College Board of Directors, Zone 5
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Aaron Woods and I am running for Clackamas Community College Board of Directors, Zone 5. I was appointed to fill this position in 2020 and am now running for a full term. I believe I represent a different experience and background and bring a unique viewpoint to the Board of Directors. I look forward to sharing more about my vision and priorities, and to learn what you would like to see from your Board of Directors and from Clackamas Community College.
What are my priorities?
Become a strong advocate for college workforce funding
- Interested in Senate Bill 243 (2021) – (a) Conduct a study on the relationship between career and technical education and apprenticeships; and (b) identify methods for improving the number and quality of transitions from career and technical education to apprenticeships.
- Workforce Development: Job-focused education and training are needed now and post COVID-19.
Support the “Guided Pathways” program at CCC in every way
- Guided Pathways is a national program of more than 250 colleges nationwide that is called a guided pathway to give students a clear roadmap for them to reach their goals while saving them time and money. What I like about Guided Pathways is it helps students who have traditionally struggled to persist and complete their college credential.
Explore ways to expand the use of the Wilsonville Campus
- Engage in dialog with the City of Wilsonville to explore ways to expand campus use by the community.
- Reach out to the business community to explore potential work-study programs the campus could support.
Support open communications with staff, faculty, and students
- Engage in open dialog with all groups during regular campus visits.
Ensure all BIPOC and other CCC students of need living in the West Linn/Wilsonville area have access to low-cost High-Speed Broadband and a device to support their computing needs.
Working for a better Clackamas Community College
Please explore this website, follow my Facebook page, and sign up to volunteer with our campaign. Your voice matters.